Running a business is not for everyone. Neither is doing a side hustle. It’s hard work, and many people fail. On the other hand, not all of us want to work for someone else. We want to be in the driver's seat. We want to control our destiny. I think this is especially the case for those of us without a college education. We want to be successful. We want to provide for ourselves and our families and live good lives. Without an education, it can be difficult to make a decent wage working for someone else. That’s what’s so attractive about owning a business. The sky’s the limit. And you don’t need to education to do it.
If you ever wanted to start your own small business, you may have faced limiting factors. Money is often the biggest limiting factor. Fortunately, there are many small businesses we can start without much capital or even skill. Today, I’ll be sharing 3 small business ideas that you can start from scratch that requires minimal hard skills to get started. I will also lead you to resources you can learn from to maximize your chance of success.
Businesses That Require Little to No Skill
This one has been around forever. All trade is based on the idea of buying items or materials at a low cost and selling them at a higher price. You’ve undoubtedly heard of the term “buy low, sell high.” It usually corresponds to trading stocks, but it absolutely applies to physical products as well.
What you need to get started:
- A camera (a decent smartphone does the job.)
- Space to store your items (you can even use your bedroom.)
- An internet connection (to use platforms such as eBay or Craigslist.)
- At least $100. It’s better if you have more because items can take a while to sell.
- Patience. It will take time for your products to sell.
Things that help but aren’t essential:
- Lighting to take higher-quality photos.
- A computer to optimize your posting.
- A car to speed up the buying and shipping process.
- Extra storage space. As you build up your…